NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Clayton Dubilier & Rice-backed Envision Healthcare Holdings (EVHC) priced its upsized initial public offering at $23 per share, at the top of the expected $20 to $23 range, raising $966 million on Tuesday.
The Greenwood Village Colo.-based provider of outsourced medical and ambulance services sold 42 million shares; it had originally planned to offer 35 million shares. Private equity backer CD&R did not sell any shares in the IPO. At the IPO price, its stake of 128.9 million shares is valued at $2.96 billion.
That, added to the $428 million dividend Envision paid CD&R in October, brings the private equity firm's realized and unrealized gain to about 3.8 times the $887.1 million in equity it paid for the company in 2011, based on financial information in the company's filings.
CD&R acquired the company, then known as Emergency Medical Services Corp., in February 2011 in a deal valued at $3.2 billion. The acquisition was done via its Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund VIII, which closed in 2009 with $5 billion.Envision's shares opened at $25.25 on its first day of trading; they traded up to a high of $25.69 by the afternoon. The company said it will use proceeds of the IPO to redeem the outstanding $450 million principal amount of its PIK notes at about 102.75% of the principal amount plus accrued and unpaid interest, which it estimated to be around $17.2 million. Envision posted adjusted EBITDA of $105.9 million on revenue of $899.3 million in the second quarter of 2013, up from adjusted EBITDA of $96.3 million on revenue of $801.1 million in the same quarter of the previous year. Envision Healthcare listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "EVHC." Goldman Sachs &, Barclays, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Citigroup acted as the lead bookrunners on the deal. -- Written by Taina Rosa in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV