Quintiles also provides other services for drug makers, including offering a team of sales reps and sales educators that can help get the word out to doctors and practitioners after a drug has been approved. Pike said 27% of Quintiles' business currently stems from biotech firms, with the rest coming from larger, more established drug makers.
When asked about cancellations, Pike said those are part of the unpredictable drug business, unfortunately. However, Quintiles is not seeing cancellations ahead of what was expected.
Cramer said it should be easy to see why he's a fan of Quintiles, even if the company is, as yet, largely unknown on Wall Street.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer offered up some speculation on how Statoil (STO) might use the money it's planning on raising to increase its oil and gas production.He said the company has already indicated it's a fan of the U.S., with its Bakken and Marcellus investments paying off big. With so much more oil being found every day in U.S. shale fields, Cramer said it's only natural to think Statoil may be on the acquisition trail. Which company might Statoil consider buying? Cramer said Whiting Petroleum (WLL) and Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) would be two possibilities, as would Concho Resources (CXO), although this company's valuation might make it prohibitive. But Cramer said his best guess would be SandRidge Energy (SD), which would also be a big acquisition, but one well within reach of Statoil. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV