Camping Under the Stars -- Atop a Manhattan Hotel
SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) -- For some, camping, by definition, includes slathering on bug spray, forgoing showers and cooking meals over an open fire.
Sometimes it even includes hunting down those meals.
But for the well-heeled, there's an entirely differently version of camping that can be had -- specifically when visiting the urban metropolis of New York City.
Think luxe bed or tent on the leafy terrace, rooftop or balcony of an upscale hotel. Deluxe pillows and bedding. A first-class meal if you choose, complete with strawberries and champagne. Even candlelight. And a spectacular night of gazing up at twinkling stars and the fabulous New York City skyline."This is a bucket list type of thing to do. New York City can be a once in a lifetime type trip, and this makes it even more memorable," says Steve Sasso, general manager of Affinia Gardens on New York's Upper East Side. "It's one of those unique experiences you can't get anywhere else." Open-air, luxury accommodations in New York City, atop a high-rise or skyscraper -- sometimes referred to as glamorous camping, or "glamping" -- is growing in popularity. Affinia Gardens offers the opportunity when you book either a terrace suite or a patio suite, which range in price from $309 to $700 a night depending on the season. It's one of a handful of hotels in New York City that offer such an experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV