1. As of noon trading, Duke Energy Corporation ( DUK) is down $1.19 (-1.7%) to $68.85 on average volume. Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Duke Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $68.73-$70.19 after having opened the day at $70.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.04. Duke Energy Corporation operates as an energy company in the United States and Latin America. The company operates in three segments: U.S. Franchised Electric and Gas, Commercial Power, and International Energy. The U.S. Duke Energy Corporation has a market cap of $50.0 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 11.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Duke Energy Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Duke Energy Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Duke Energy Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts