3 Stocks Dragging The Energy Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, Transocean ( RIG) is down $0.66 (-1.4%) to $46.86 on average volume. Thus far, 1.8 million shares of Transocean exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $46.77-$47.49 after having opened the day at $47.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.52. Transocean Ltd. provides offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells worldwide. It offers deepwater and harsh environment drilling, oil and gas drilling management, and drilling engineering and drilling project management services, as well as logistics services. Transocean has a market cap of $17.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 6.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Transocean a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Transocean as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Transocean Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts