3. As of noon trading, Ametek ( AME) is down $0.63 (-1.4%) to $45.10 on light volume. Thus far, 342,475 shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.05-$45.83 after having opened the day at $45.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.73. AMETEK, Inc. manufactures and sells electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. The company operates in two segments, Electronic Instruments Group and Electromechanical Group. Ametek has a market cap of $11.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 21.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Ametek a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ametek as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Ametek Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts