Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Everything that could go wrong today, did go wrong today, Jim Cramer admitted on "Mad Money" Thursday after the market's first big down day in quite some time. Cramer said the market received a healthy dose of both negative macro- and micro-data today, for which there was no place to hide.
Today's news that jobless rates were the lowest in six years may be great news for the economy and all those looking for work, but for stocks, which equate a growing economy with higher interest rates, this news was most unwelcome indeed. Higher interest rates foreshadow slower growth eventually, Cramer explained.
Executive Decision: Joe PapaIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Joe Papa, chairman, president and CEO of Perrigo (PRGO), the generic drug maker whose stock is up 107% since Cramer first got behind the stock in February 2010 but has been under pressure in recent weeks, possibly creating a buying opportunity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV