NEW YORK, Aug. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Have you ever wondered how you would defend yourself if caught in the wrong the place at the wrong time? What would you do if you were in danger and your only hope for survival? Investigation Discovery (ID) introduces the new series SURVIVING EVIL (World Premiere: Wednesday, August 28 at 10/9c), which presents stories of victims who fought back against their attackers and, against all odds, survived. Timed to support the series premiere of SURVIVING EVIL, ID is partnering with New York Sports Clubs (NYSC) to offer FREE self-defense seminars in New York City.
Former WWE Diva Champion turned self-defense expert Eve Torres will teach participants essential personal protection principles and the life-saving techniques needed to combat against dangerous threat scenarios, including:
- How to effectively break free from an attacker who grabs you without warning.
- How to defend against an attacker who wants to incapacitate you with strikes.
- How to escape from underneath an attacker who has you pinned to the ground.
- How to address and escape an aggressive attacker trying to subdue you.
- How to escape life-threatening choke holds
Free classes will be held from August 19-22, 2013 at the following Manhattan NYSC locations. The seminars are free and open to both NYSC members and non-members. Participation is on a first come, first serve basis.
Public Class Schedule:
- Monday 8/19: W38th at 8:15pm (1372 Broadway, New York, NY 10018 / (212) 575-4500)
- Tuesday 8/20: Grand Central at 8:00pm (200 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10166 / (212) 682-4440)
- Wednesday 8/21: E36th at 8:30pm (200 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016 / (212) 686-1144)
- Thursday 8/22: E59th at 2:00pm (502 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022 / (212) 308-1010)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV