After a competitive bid process, TransCore, a unit of Roper Industries (NYSE: ROP), was awarded a $30 million, three-year base term contract with multiple extension options to update and expand the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and E-ZPass® Customer Service Centers. The system will be installed in parallel with the existing service center operations while relocating to a new DMV facility in downtown Dover. Project completion is expected by first quarter 2014.
“During our review of multiple vendors, TransCore provided the best value, lowest risk, and creative approach in meeting our project requirements to update our customer service center capabilities and enhanced services we offer our customers,” explained Jennifer Cohan, Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles Director.
The Delaware E-ZPass Customer Service Center Operations maintain and support more than 190,000 active accounts and process daily more than 109,700 wireless toll transactions, 1,300 calls and more than 3,000 daily violation transactions. With this volume of activity and the additional capacity to support the DMV, customer account management systems needed to be updated to meet demand.
Delaware E-ZPass Customer Service Centers currently utilize TransCore’s Customer Account Management System (CAMS) and this contract will include upgrades to that system, such as:
- Enhanced violations processing services (VPS, and new interactive voice response (IVR) and Web services );
- Enhanced interactive voice response functionality for accepting violations credit card payments and for accepting automated clearinghouse (ACH) customer account payments;
- Enhanced interactive voice response functionality and new Web chat functionality for DMV customers;
- Enhanced automatic replenishment recalculation, violation, and V-Toll processing;
- Expand Delaware DMV Call Center services with phone system enhancements;
- Enhanced hardware and system platform for processing and disaster recovery as well as disaster recovery storage and network upgrades.