Target Corp . (NYSE: TGT) is pleased to announce today the return of its Give With Target program, through which the company will donate up to $5 million to schools across the country. New this year, Target is inviting its guests to allocate the full donation—double the amount designated by guests last year—to schools of their choice. Give With Target helps ensure that teachers and students have the resources they need to start the new year off right.
Target has enlisted a group of celebrity partners to help rally votes for schools. The Give With Target “ Class of 2013,” in alphabetical order, includes:
- Actress and television personality, La La Anthony
- Country music recording artist and 2013 Academy of Country Music “Entertainer of the Year,” Luke Bryan
- Award-winning actress and activist, Sophia Bush
- U.S. gymnast and 2012 two-time Gold Medal Olympic All-Around champion , Gabrielle Douglas
- Super Bowl and “Dancing With The Stars” champion and community advocate, Donald Driver
Beginning today, guests can visit Target’s Facebook page to vote for a school of their choice once per week. Once a school has received 25 votes, Target will donate $1 per vote, with a maximum donation of $10,000 per school. The campaign runs through Sept. 21, or until the full $5 million has been allocated.
At the end of the campaign, the school that reaches 10,000 votes first or receives the highest number of votes also will receive a special celebration, which will include appearances by members of the Give With Target “Class of 2013,” a live musical performance and more.“The response to last year’s Give With Target program was overwhelmingly positive, and we are excited to invite our guests to designate $5 million to their schools this year,” said Laysha Ward, president, community relations, Target. “By rallying communities across the country in support of education, Target is playing a role in helping put more kids on the path to high school graduation.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts