On July 1, 2013, LinnCo and Linn Energy disclosed that the Securities and Exchange Commission had opened an informal inquiry into LinnCo’s proposed merger with Berry Petroleum Co., as well as LinnCo’s and Linn Energy’s hedging strategies and use of non-GAAP financial measures. Following this news, the price of LinnCo shares fell $10.12 per share, or 27.3%, within two trading sessions, to close at $26.95 per share on July 3, 2013.
About Lieff Cabraser
Lieff Cabraser is a nationally recognized law firm committed to advancing the rights of investors and promoting corporate responsibility.
Since 2003, the National Law Journal has selected Lieff Cabraser as one of the top plaintiffs’ law firms in the nation. Lieff Cabraser is one of only two plaintiffs’ law firms in the United States to receive this honor for the last ten consecutive years.For more information about Lieff Cabraser and the firm’s representation of investors, please visit http://www.lieffcabraser.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV