MannKind Corporation (Nasdaq:MNKD) today announced that it will hold a conference call at 4:00 pm (EDT) today to discuss preliminary results from Study 171 and Study 175, two Phase 3 clinical studies of AFREZZA ® (insulin human [rDNA origin]) Inhalation Powder, an investigational, ultra rapid-acting mealtime insulin therapy administered using MannKind’s next-generation (Gen2) inhaler (also known as the Dreamboat™ inhaler).
Highlights of Study 171
In patients with type 1 diabetes, AFREZZA, compared to insulin aspart, showed:
- Non-inferior decreases in A1c levels;
- Significantly less hypoglycemia;
- Significant decreases in fasting blood glucose levels; and
- Significant weight advantage.
In addition, the changes in pulmonary function observed in the AFREZZA-Gen2 group were no different than those observed in an AFREZZA treatment group that utilized MannKind’s first-generation (MedTone) inhaler.Highlights of Study 175 In patients with type 2 diabetes treated with oral therapy, AFREZZA, compared to oral therapy alone, showed:
- Superior reductions in A1c levels;
- Significantly more patients reached A1c target levels;
- Reduced postprandial glucose excursions; and
- No significant difference in the incidence of severe hypoglycemia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV