Quarterly Revenue increased 16%
Second Quarter Net Income $0.3 million and Adjusted EBITDA $1.3 million
LONG BEACH, N.Y., Aug. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Planet Payment, Inc. (Nasdaq:PLPM) (LSE:PPT), a leading provider of international payment and transaction processing and multi-currency processing services, announced today its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.Financial Highlights for the Quarter Ended June 30, 2013
- Net revenue for the period increased approximately 16% to $11.8 million compared to $10.1 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Consolidated gross billings increased 11% to $30.4 million compared to $27.4 million in the second quarter of 2012. (See Table 3 for explanation of this metric).
- Gross foreign currency mark-up increased 8% to $26.1 million compared to $24.1 million in the second quarter of 2012. (See Table 3 for explanation of this metric).
- Processing services revenue increased 32% to $4.3 million compared to $3.3 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Net income for the period was $0.3 million compared to a net loss of $1.2 million in the second quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the period was $1.3 million compared to $0.1 million in the second quarter of 2012. (See Table 1 for reconciliation of net income to Adjusted EBITDA).
- Total active merchant locations increased by 30% to approximately 44,000 (See Table 3 for explanation of this metric).
- Total settled dollar volume processed increased 20% to $1.7 billion and total settled transactions processed increased 34% to 14.9 million. (See Table 3 for explanation of these metrics).
- Total acquirer and processor customers increased to 60 based on roll outs in U.S.A., Myanmar and Greater China.
- Launched Pay in Your Currency ® at Billabong locations and additional ATMs with Vantiv and Payment Alliance International across the United States, as well as additional hospitality solutions for customers in Canada and Mexico.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts