Regency Centers Corporation (“Regency”) today announced it has closed on the sale of the portfolio of shopping centers owned by Regency Retail Partners, LP (the “Fund”) together with adjacent property phases wholly-owned by Regency to a joint venture between an affiliate of Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII L.P. and DDR Corp. for a gross sales price of $332 million, including $207 million of assumed mortgage debt. Given Regency’s 20% ownership interest in the Fund, the company’s share of net sales proceeds from this transaction before closing adjustments was approximately $38 million. The Fund will be dissolved following this transaction.
About Regency Centers Corporation (NYSE:REG)
Regency is the preeminent national owner, operator, and developer of high quality grocery-anchored and community shopping centers. At June 30, 2013, the Company owned 343 retail properties, including those held in co-investment partnerships. Including retailer-owned square footage, the portfolio encompassed 45.9 million square feet located in top markets throughout the United States. Since 2000, Regency has developed 211 shopping centers, including those currently in-process, representing an investment at completion of more than $3.0 billion. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency is a qualified real estate investment trust that is self-administered and self-managed.
Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Actual future performance, outcomes and results may differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements. Please refer to the documents filed by Regency Centers Corporation with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, which identify important risk factors which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV