- Revenue increased by $4.5 million, or 97%, over prior-year second quarter
- Gross margin improved to 45%, from 33% in the second quarter of the prior year
- Second quarter net loss attributable to ExOne reduced to $1.1 million from last year's second quarter $3.6 million net loss
- Company confirms 2013 guidance at lower end of revenue range and higher end of gross margin range
NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pa., Aug. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The ExOne Company (Nasdaq:XONE) ("ExOne" or "the Company"), a global provider of three-dimensional ("3D") printing machines and printed products to industrial customers, reported financial results today for its 2013 second quarter, which ended June 30, 2013.
Revenue for the second quarter of 2013 was $9.2 million compared with revenue of $4.7 million for the second quarter of 2012, an increase of $4.5 million, or 97%. Net loss attributable to ExOne for the second quarter of 2013 was $1.1 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, compared with a net loss attributable to ExOne of $3.6 million for the second quarter of 2012, an improvement of $2.5 million.
|Revenue Growth—Driven by Stronger Sales of 3D Printing Machines|
|($ in millions)|
|For the Quarter Ended|
|Revenue by Product Line|
|3D Printing Machines and Micromachinery||$5.8||63.0%||$1.5||31.9%|
|3D Printed Products, Materials and Other ("PSC")||$3.4||37.0%||$3.2||68.1%|
During the second quarter of 2013, machine revenue was $5.8 million. Four S-Max™ platform machines, the largest of the Company's 3D printing machines, were sold in the quarter. One machine was sold to customers in each of Japan, India, Russia and the U.S. and machine revenue represented 63% of total revenue in the 2013 second quarter. One S-Max™ machine was sold in the prior-year second quarter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts