After weeks of fans guessing via social media what the next Doritos® Locos Tacos flavor will be, today Taco Bell® finally announced the much-anticipated menu item’s name: Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos (DLT). The third offering within the brand’s most successful product platform ever – with 600 million sold since March 2012 – hits Taco Bell restaurants nationwide on Aug. 22, combining spicy chili with a hint of lime flavor in a crunchy red shell.
In regard to the bold flavor choice and unique name, President Brian Niccol said: “Launching the first two Doritos Locos Tacos were obvious: Nacho Cheese is the top-selling Doritos flavor and our fans asked us for Cool Ranch. For the third DLT, we heard our customers as they told us they wanted something spicy and with flavor. So, in another Taco Bell first, we partnered with Frito-Lay to create a DLT that delivers heat, but with a twist, and is available exclusively at Taco Bell. Mirroring the flavors of a regional spicy Doritos chip, we made a few changes based on customer feedback – including the use of a red shell and a more descriptive name – to create Fiery DLT.”
Based on social conversation and excitement around the new DLT flavor, and in the spirit of Live Más, Taco Bell is making sure its fans will get the chance to taste it first. To reward them for their passion, Taco Bell is encouraging fans to keep their eyes and ears on the brand’s social media channels now through Aug. 22 for surprise opportunities to try the new taco before its official launch. Starting Aug. 22, the new Fiery DLT will be available nationally – $1.39 regular (170 calories; 10g total fat) and $1.69 for a supreme (200 calories; 12g total fat).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV