The second thing Apple shareholders should pay attention to is any news related to the fingerprint iPhone 5S.
It's our opinion that nobody in the media is accurately analyzing the real upside of this device. The negative Apple sentiment of the last 10 months has suffocated the reality that this new phone represents the greatest smartphone innovation since 2007.
To anyone who says otherwise I would simply ask, have you used your smartphone as a wallet replacement?
Have you gotten rid of your credit cards?Do you still carry a hard-copy drivers license? Have you ever used your smartphone as a key to unlock your front door? If the answer is no, then you have no business telling me that the iPhone 5S lacks innovation. Enhancing daily habits is the very definition of innovation. Beyond increased functionality, the innovation in fraud protection has the potential to be something we've never seen before. At least 27% of credit card holders have experienced fraud in the last five years. In the U.S. and Mexico survey, results showed 44% and 42% of credit/debit card users have experienced card fraud. Apple's Authentec fingerprint security is poised to become the best in the mobile payment industry; a definite reason for consumers to upgrade. Sometimes it's more important to watch what Wall Street does rather than hear what Wall Street says. Apple headlines remain negatively biased, but the stock action is on fire. The action of Monday and Tuesday is loud and clear: It's time to be in Apple. At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL. Follow Jason Schwartz @applesummit This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV