LOS ANGELES, Aug. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Globally 74% of HR professionals admit their organization should be doing more to demonstrate innovation in recruitment and talent management. However, a global study has revealed that in the US, a lack of senior buy in alongside a shortage of both financial investment and time, are the main barriers hindering the adoption of more innovative practices.
Within the global study, carried out by Futurestep – a Korn/Ferry company - recruitment and talent management professionals from eight countries admitted that using innovative methods in recruitment was key to winning the war for talent. When asked why innovative methods of recruitment should be adopted, 42% felt it was crucial in securing the best talent and a further third that it was key in hiring niche or hard to find talent (33%). And yet just over a quarter (27%) of US recruitment and talent management professionals have access to an R&D/innovation budget to improve performance in HR.
This sentiment was backed up by employees globally who revealed that they would be more likely to take a role if they felt the company using particularly innovative methods of interacting with them at the recruitment stage.
The study goes on to reveal that recruitment and talent management professionals believe professional online communities and online talent communities will be the most influential recruitment methods in the future – followed by mobile campaigns.Respondents also provided a glimpse of what the employee lifecycle would look like globally in an ideal world. The practices that they would like to be using but are not currently are:
- Recruitment: Mobile campaigns; creative advertising and bespoke talent communities
- Engagement: Creative office environments and working spaces; sharing strategies and innovative flexible working processes
- Development: International secondment programs; external training and external mentoring
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV