DETROIT, Aug. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy (NYSE: DTE) selected 67 solar energy projects in the second round of its expansion of the SolarCurrents customer-owned pilot program, which offers customers a more affordable way to install solar photovoltaic systems on their homes and businesses.
The expanded SolarCurrents program offers an additional 2 megawatts of capacity this year and in 2014 through four rounds of about 500 kilowatts (kW) each. A random drawing was necessitated when DTE Energy customers responded with 167 applications, representing nearly 1,200 kilowatts for the second round offering. The projects that weren't selected this time can reapply for the third round, which starts Jan. 13, 2014. The application deadline is Feb. 12, 2014.
In this second round offering, incentives were awarded to 56 residential projects, representing 373 kW and ranging in size from 1 to 20 kW. Those projects will be built in 11 counties in Southeastern Michigan.
In addition, 11 small business projects, representing 121 kW, will be built in seven counties in Southeastern Michigan. Those projects range in size from 4 to 20 kW."The second round of our SolarCurrents program has shown that demand is still strong as our customers know that nearly $2 million in incentives makes solar energy more affordable and helps us meet the state's renewable energy goals," said Irene Dimitry, DTE Energy vice president, Marketing and Renewables. Prior to its recent expansion, the SolarCurrents program was fully subscribed with nearly 600 solar energy projects completed through 2012 representing a total of 5 MW of capacity. See dteenergy.com/solar for more information. SOURCE DTE Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV