CLEARWATER, Fla., Aug. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nicholas Financial, Inc. (Nasdaq:NICK) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.12 per share on its common stock, to be paid on September 27, 2013 to shareholders of record as of September 20, 2013.
Peter L. Vosotas, Chairman and CEO noted, "Our capital position and continued confidence in our earnings capability played a large part in the Board of Director's decision to declare a cash dividend." Subject to market conditions and profitability targets, the Company anticipates it will continue to declare quarterly cash dividends in the future, however no assurances can be given.
Nicholas Financial, Inc. is one of the largest publically traded specialty consumer finance companies in North America. The Company operates branch locations in both the Southeastern and the Midwestern states. The Company has approximately 12,200,000 shares of common stock outstanding. For an index of Nicholas Financial news releases and public filings please visit our web site at www.nicholasfinancial.comExcept for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this news release include forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties including competitive factors, the management of growth, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's filings and reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission including the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended March 31, 2013. Such statements are based on the beliefs of the Company's management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to Company management. Actual events or results may differ materially.
CONTACT: Ralph Finkenbrink SVP & CFO Nicholas Financial, Inc. Ph # - 727-726-0763 Web Site: www.nicholasfinancial.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV