This month, Starbucks Coffee Company (Nasdaq:SBUX) celebrates five years of offering customers a truly unique coffee experience—through individual cups of the rarest and most exotic coffees brewed on its patented Clover® brewing system. The fifth anniversary of Clover ® brewing system at Starbucks is also marked by the opening of Starbucks 500th location featuring Clover ® brewing, with plans to double the number of Clover ® locations globally by the end of 2014.
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to significantly expand the availability of our rare and exotic Starbucks Reserve® coffees with the introduction of the Clover® brewing system in many more stores around the world next year,” said Andrew Linnemann, vice president, Global Coffee Quality for Starbucks. “By brewing one cup at a time—using freshly ground beans to deliver that handcrafted cup of coffee to order—the Clover® brewing system brings theater to the brewing process and enables our baristas to have rich conversations with customers about our coffee.”
The timing is right. According to the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA), consumer demand for individually brewed cups of coffee and exploring unique coffees from different regions of the world is on the rise.
“Over the last few years, we have seen a growing interest from consumers in looking beyond espresso for personalized coffee options, and they are finding it in unique brewed or drip coffee experiences,” said Ric Rhinehart, executive director, SCAA. “More and more consumers are engaging with coffee—single origin coffee—individually brewed just for them.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV