4. As of noon trading, Corrections Corporation of America ( CXW) is down $0.52 (-1.5%) to $34.32 on average volume. Thus far, 559,159 shares of Corrections Corporation of America exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.01-$34.69 after having opened the day at $34.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.83. Corrections Corporation of America, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates privatized correctional and detention facilities in the United States. Corrections Corporation of America has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 2.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Corrections Corporation of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Corrections Corporation of America as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Corrections Corporation of America Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts