Hal M. Bundrick
NEW YORK (MainStreet)--For market watchers who want to keep a constant eye on their stocks, a new technology may be just what they are looking for. Fidelity Investments has launched a preview of a stock market monitor for Google Glass.
Glass is the wearable computer technology incorporated into a lightweight frame. Fidelity is participating in Google's developer program, which gives select companies and individuals early access to the portable Internet device.
"We encourage investors to join with us and offer their insights and feedback on emerging technologies, such as the Fidelity Market Monitor for Glass, our first step in exploring the potential of wearable computing," says Sean Belka, senior vice president and director of the Fidelity Center for Applied Technology.blog post and short concept video, an investor wearing Glass uses voice commands to access an investment account, view market news and information, and obtain up-to-the-minute stock quotes using visual cues in the investor's line of sight, such as a company logo. Other software of interest being developed by third parties for Glass include a real estate listings function that alerts a user when they are near an open house that matches the property criteria they are looking for. Glass will also provide listing photos and directions to the property. according to ZDNet. Google Glass is still in limited distribution with Explorer Editions distributed to 5,000 beta testers last year. Owners of the Explorer edition can now invite one friend to purchase a Glass for $1,500. Industry speculation indicates a possible roll-out to consumers as early as the end of this year. --Written by Hal M. Bundrick for MainStreet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV