NEW YORK, Aug. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL), the New York-based specialty athletic retailer, unveiled today its newest national commercial highlighting its "Approved" sneakers and gear. The spot marks the first time that two of the NBA's most electrifying young players—Houston's James Harden and Golden State's Stephen Curry—have teamed up on-screen for one of Foot Locker's branded campaigns.
The spot features Harden, fresh off the best year of his career, in the midst of recording his first R&B single in the studio. Fortunately, Curry intervenes, explaining that Harden doesn't need to try so hard to keep things "fresh"—he can just go to Foot Locker.
"We're excited to bring James and Stephen together for our latest commercial supporting our 'Approved' campaign," says Stacy Cunningham, EVP Marketing at Foot Locker, Inc. "The new spot really shows how these two players embody the sense of humor that underlies the Foot Locker brand marketing programs and drives our fresh product collection message."The commercial is part of Foot Locker's highly successful "Approved" marketing platform and can be seen at youtube.com/footlocker. The spot launches during the key back-to-school selling season for Foot Locker, which offers an incredible head-to-toe assortment of shoes, shirts, socks, hats, sweatshirts, and backpacks. "I always have a great time when filming Foot Locker's commercials," says Harden. "The spot was really fun because I got to show my playful personality, while interacting and having some laughs with Steph off the court."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV