4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: LHO, BP, PDLI, CLNY
Colony Financial (NYSE: CLNY) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.70%. Colony Financial, Inc. operates as a real estate investment and finance company in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.62. The average volume for Colony Financial has been 1,095,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Colony Financial has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 6.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Colony Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLNY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 69.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.10 million to $25.65 million.
- The gross profit margin for COLONY FINANCIAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.37%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 57.87% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- COLONY FINANCIAL INC's earnings per share declined by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COLONY FINANCIAL INC reported lower earnings of $1.34 versus $1.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.37 versus $1.34).
- You can view the full Colony Financial Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV