PDL BioPharma (NASDAQ: PDLI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.30%. PDL BioPharma, Inc. engages in intellectual property asset management and patent portfolio and related assets investment activities. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.12. The average volume for PDL BioPharma has been 1,958,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. PDL BioPharma has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the drugs industry. Shares are up 17% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates PDL BioPharma as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PDLI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for PDL BIOPHARMA INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.23%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 58.21% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 201.74% to $54.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PDL BIOPHARMA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.22%.
- PDL BIOPHARMA INC has improved earnings per share by 24.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PDL BIOPHARMA INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.47 versus $1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.67 versus $1.47).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 33.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $40.18 million to $53.47 million.
- You can view the full PDL BioPharma Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts