Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE: CIM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 11.90%. Chimera Investment Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.31. The average volume for Chimera Investment Corporation has been 7,865,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Chimera Investment Corporation has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Chimera Investment Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CIM's share price has jumped by 27.58%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CIM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP is currently very high, coming in at 89.93%. Regardless of CIM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CIM's net profit margin of 53.60% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP's earnings per share declined by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP reported lower earnings of $0.13 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.39 versus $0.13).
- CIM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Chimera Investment Corporation Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts