- American Water reduced GHG emissions by 16.7 percent from its 2007 base year to 2012. GHG emissions intensity dropped 5.3 percent over the same period.
- In addition, the company’s Innovation Development Program examined over 400 technologies to date, and is actively pursuing a number of these innovations through partnerships.
- The percentage of customers who indicated they were extremely satisfied with American Water increased approximately 10 percent from 2011 to 2012. On the service quality side, the percentage of customers who indicated they were extremely satisfied with service quality improved approximately 7 percent from 2011 to 2012.
- To better serve customers, the company introduced a near real-time payment platform that integrates payment receipt information with pending service orders to both reduce costs and unnecessary communication. American Water’s Customer Service Center received two industry awards for successfully leveraging technology to improve customer service.
- California American Water received final approval to move forward with the largest dam removal project in California history to further restore the Carmel River, improving river flows and helping to restore biodiversity.
- American Water’s Environmental Grant Program offers funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects through partnerships. In 2012, a total of 48 projects throughout American Water’s service areas in 10 states were awarded funding to improve, restore, or protect community water supplies and watersheds.
- In 2011, American Water held its first AmerICANs in Action! Month, designed to foster community service among employees and encourage them to volunteer in communities. More than 800 employees, family members, and friends took part the first year, and participation increased by 12.5 percent in 2012.
- In 2011, the company launched the American Water Charitable Foundation, a nonprofit organization created to help support American Water employees in their own charitable endeavors, and provide targeted assistance for disaster relief efforts.
American Water Publishes Second Biennial Corporate Responsibility Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.