- "Balancing Risk and Return in Today's Market" focuses on the choice between risk mitigation and return generation that plan sponsors face regarding their fixed income allocations in today's challenging, low yield environment. Video commentary from David Zielinski, CFA, Managing Director and Fixed Income Product Manager; Thomas C. Goggins, Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager; and Daniel S. Janis III, Senior Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager; on the Global Multi-Sector Fixed Income team, accompanies the paper.
- "Redefining Risk in U.S. Treasuries" features commentary from Howard Greene, CFA, Senior Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, U.S. Core/Core Plus team; Daniel Janis, and Thomas Goggins. The paper discusses the implications of holding US Treasuries, considers what is driving the market and how the risks inherent in this market are changing.
- In "Benchmarks Today," accompanied by video comments from Howard Greene, David Zielinski, Daniel Janis and Thomas Goggins, the focus is on the inherent risks in today's high quality, broad-based global and domestic fixed income benchmarks. With increased interest rate and concentration risk, these benchmarks may not deliver the same risk and return characteristics going forward that they have in the past — potentially holding higher risk while missing out on significant opportunities.
- "Currency Wars," with accompanying video comments from Oscar Gonzalez, Economist at Manulife Asset Management, delves into the risk of competitive currency devaluations, despite recent G7 and G20 pledges to let market forces determine exchange rates, as more countries face fiscal austerity and look to exports to sustain economic recovery.
- "Capturing a World of Opportunity: Advantages of Global versus Non-US Fixed Income Exposure," acknowledges that with US Treasury yields near record lows and spreads on credit instruments back to levels last seen pre-financial crisis, the range of value-added options for fixed income investors is shrinking, while investment risks are rising. For investors prepared to look further afield, the inclusion of overseas bonds within a US dollar-bond portfolio can offer significant benefits, potentially enhancing returns and diversifying risk.
- "The World is Our Oyster," looks at how plans, in a low yield environment, have chosen to shift a portion of their fixed income assets away from core domestic strategies, opening the opportunity set to include global bonds, lower quality high yield securities, emerging markets debt, and capital structure opportunities — all tools a manager of a Global Multi- Sector strategy can take advantage of.
- "The Changing Dynamics of Fixed Income Allocation" examines why the time may be right for investors to consider adding a Global Multi-Sector fixed income strategy to their portfolios.
Manulife Asset Management Highlights Diverse Fixed Income Expertise With New Campaign
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.