GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo., Aug. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Robin is turning lemons into Freckled Lemonade ® on National Lemonade Day, celebrating the national holiday and honoring the beloved summertime drink by giving back! On Tuesday, Aug. 20, Red Robin ® restaurants nationwide will host lemonade stands to raise funds for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding better treatments and ultimately cures for all kids with cancer.
Participating Red Robin restaurants will serve free samples of the gourmet burger authority's signature Freckled Lemonade at their lemonade stands, while collecting donations for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation to aid in funding research leading to cures. Freckled Lemonade — a blend of sweet strawberries and tangy Minute Maid ® Lemonade with free bottomless refills — has been Red Robin's signature beverage for more than 20 years, and is the perfect drink to honor National Lemonade Day.
"Freckled Lemonade is part of Red Robin's heritage and a true menu favorite, so partnering with Alex's Lemonade Stand is a perfect fit," said Denny Marie Post, Red Robin's senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "We're proud partners of the Foundation year-round and hope our guests will help us further support this cause on National Lemonade Day."Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation was created by four-year-old cancer patient Alexandra "Alex" Scott (1996-2004) who began raising money and awareness to help find a cure for all kids with cancer by selling lemonade at her own front yard lemonade stand. Alex's mission continues today through the work of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, which Red Robin is proud to support. During opening week at new locations, all proceeds from Freckled Lemonade are donated to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation to support the search for a cure for pediatric cancer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV