FOSTER CITY, Calif., Aug. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EFI™ (Nasdaq:EFII), a world leader in customer-focused digital printing innovation, today announced that it has earned eight awards in the annual MUST SEE 'EMS graphic arts technology competition – winning the most honors presented to a single company for the third consecutive year. EFI's MUST SEE 'EMS awards recognize innovations developed across the company's Inkjet, Fiery and Productivity Solutions business units, highlighting the many new, competitive advantages EFI offers to printing companies seeking to improve productivity, reduce costs, enter new markets and grow profits.
The MUST SEE 'EMS competition serves as an industry-wide roadmap to the most compelling new print production technologies presented at North America's largest printing trade show, Print 2013. This year's competition yielded more entries than ever before. EFI's eight honors surpassed the company's total in 2012, when it took home five MUST SEE 'EMS, as well as its total in 2011, when the company earned two MUST SEE 'EMS and nine of the competition's now-discontinued "Worth-A-Look" runner up honors.
EFI's awards in 2013 underscore the company's aim for its technologies – better, more efficient production for graphic arts professionals. For example, EFI customer Phil Quinn, president of Wichita, Kan.-based Docutronics, gains significant benefits from one of this year's winning products, EFI Fiery® Color Profiler Suite.Quinn credits Color Profiler Suite with improving color matches and eliminating color density variation on different papers. "Color Profiler Suite allows us to maintain a consistent color workflow with smoother gradients and more accurate color rendering," said Quinn. "The simple and intuitive interface on a system designed to work with the Fiery workflow has made it our solution of choice." Must-see inkjet printing and workflow technologies EFI's MUST SEE 'EMS-winning products in 2013, with categories shown in parenthesis, include:
- EFI IQuote cloud-based estimating (Sales and Order Entry)
- EFI Fiery Color Profiler Suite, version 4.5 (Color Management and Quality Control)
- The EFI VUTEk®GS-TF System (Pressroom: Wide-Format)
- The EFI VUTEk HS100 Pro inkjet press (Pressroom: Wide-Format)
- The EFI Complete Integrated Workflow for Inkjet (Management Systems)
- EFI Radius Business Intelligence, version 5 (Management Systems)
- EFI GlossControl (The Future of Print: Technology Demonstrations)
- EFI SmartSign Analytics (The Future of Print: Technology Demonstrations).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts