- Old Dominion University in Norfolk will receive $40,000 for first-year engineering students to use the school's photovoltaic power system as a hands-on tool to learn fundamental technology concepts behind renewable energy.
- Paul D. Camp Community College in Franklin will be awarded $30,000 to create a Robotics and Mechatronics Laboratory to support current electronics programs.
- Canterbury Woods Elementary School in Annandale will use $3,500 to create an outdoor classroom and science lab for students to construct an edible garden while studying the life cycles of monarch butterflies, life processes and animal interaction with plants.
- Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind in Staunton will receive $1,000 to install a rainwater catchment system for the school gardens.
Dominion Resources, Dominion Foundation Announce $600,000 In Grants To Virginia Schools
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts