NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) is a conduit for a lot of things. Technological innovation. Media attention above most, if not all, other companies. Criticism at the executive level has just started and now one of tech's biggest names is weighing in.
I, however, disagree with both Mr. Ellison and Mr. Pendola. Ellison saying that "[W]e conducted the experiment," when it comes to what Apple will look like, infers that the company will look very similar to when Gil Amelio and John Scully ran it, prior to Jobs' return in 1997. Assuming this is what he means, Ellison couldn't be more wrong.
CEO Tim Cook is the right man for the top spot at Apple for a multitude of reasons. We all know he's not the product visionary Jobs was. That was never going to be the case. Cook was brought in by Jobs and Apple's board for his operational expertise and ability to cut costs for Apple's supply chain. The real brains behind Apple's product innovation is Jonny Ive, and as far as I know, Sir Jony isn't going anywhere for a long time.Cook gets more than his fair share of vitriol from the media for not having released new products since September 2012 (though I guess the Mac Pro doesn't count), and for not having the pizazz Jobs did. What Ellison and others seem to forget is that while Jobs was taking leave of absences for being sick, Cook running the company. It's amazing to think that Cook's mindset and way of changing Apple has drastically changed from when he was interim CEO. The team of Cook, Ive, Eddy Cue, Phil Schiller and to a lesser extent Bob Mansfield, have shown that Apple can function, quite well post-Jobs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV