Rain or shine, Seattle-area residents will soon have a new dining option to brighten their days. SONIC Drive-In (NASDAQ: SONC), the nation’s largest chain of drive-in restaurants, today announced plans to open 14 new drive-ins in the greater Seattle market with a new franchise partner, Cascade Development Group, LLC. It is anticipated that the first drive-in will open fall of 2014 and the balance by 2018, joining the five existing SONIC locations in the Seattle market.
“This year, we’ve pushed well beyond our core markets in the Central U.S. to open SONIC Drive-Ins in markets like California, New York and now Washington,” said Bob Franke, senior vice president of franchise sales and international development for Sonic. “We’re particularly excited to forge this new relationship with Cascade Development Group given their knowledge of the Seattle market and deep expertise in multi-unit restaurant operations.”
Cascade Development Group is led by Richard Ramsey, who brings more than 25 years of experience in multi-unit restaurant operation, commercial real estate development and construction. His past experience as owner-operator for 15 Taco Bell franchises in the Seattle area – along with his work in commercial facilities maintenance for brands like KFC, Pizza Hut, IHOP and Denny’s – gave him a deep understanding of the market and restaurant business. Other members of the Cascade Development Group bring complementary expertise in commercial real estate and development in the Seattle area.
“Having experience with multiple QSR brands, we gave careful thought to selecting the right brand for expansion in Seattle. SONIC became an obvious choice for us,” said Richard Ramsey, principal of Cascade Development Group. “It’s such a unique experience and menu – one Seattle residents already love – and with the convenience of more area locations and SONIC’s national advertising strategy, we expect to be busy from day one.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV