Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced that 100 hospitals and radiology practices – 50 new and 50 existing customers – have converted to the latest PowerScribe 360 platform in just the last three months. As healthcare providers face the harsh reality of decreased payment for services, increased payer scrutiny on exams and the impact of the transition from fee-for-service to value-based care, they are turning to technology – like Nuance’s PowerScribe 360 | Reporting platform – to drive operational efficiencies, while reducing costs and improving patient outcomes.
Today, more than 50 percent of all radiology reports created in the United States annually are generated using Nuance technology. Newly-added healthcare providers joining the elite list of PowerScribe 360 users include Atlantic Health System, Hunterdon Medical Center and Silverton Hospital. In addition, Nuance has converted more than 50 current customers to the latest PowerScribe 360 platform in the last 90 days – partnering with them in the transition to next generation, value-based care. These conversion customers include Children’s Hospital National, Good Samaritan Hospital and Regional Medical Center of San Jose and Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery.
“We chose Nuance because they’re the gold standard when it comes to voice-enabled, intelligent radiology reporting,” said Matt Kauffman, clinical imaging coordinator and PACS analyst, Mercy Medical Center. “Nuance is more than a voice-enabled reporting technology, it’s a communications platform that speeds up and simplifies how radiologists capture and share information that ultimately impacts both the quality and cost of care.”
PowerScribe 360, which is powered by Nuance’s award-winning Dragon Medical speech recognition, helps radiologists efficiently create actionable, structured reports that equip referring clinicians with the timely information needed to improve patient care. With PowerScribe 360, radiologists dictate a report in the workflow that works best for them and navigate the report simply by using their voice. In real-time, Nuance’s Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) technology extracts specific, structured clinical information within the narrative report as required for discrete data capture in line with Meaningful Use.In addition to the workflow and efficiency benefits provided by PowerScribe 360, the technology is proven to help hospital and radiology practices greatly reduce report turnaround time and significantly cut transcription costs. While savings vary based on the size of the hospital or practice, a typical PowerScribe customer can reduce their transcription costs by more than 90 percent within four months of go-live. PowerScribe 360 also enhances patient safety and reduces liability by:
- Simplifying how radiologists communicate critical results, making it easier to identify and share findings and support handoffs when patients are most at risk;
- Prompting radiologists before sign-off for validation of information, which otherwise might result in clinical documentation errors that could impact patient care and appropriate reimbursement; and
- Offering an array of partner integrations aimed at helping hospitals and radiology practices streamline data analytics and clinical decision support, which further helps reduce reporting errors and, in turn, decreases erroneous billing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV