NEW YORK, Aug. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NeoStem, Inc. (Nasdaq:NBS) ("NeoStem" or the "Company"), a leader in the emerging cellular therapy market, announced today that the Company and its subsidiary, Progenitor Cell Therapy ("PCT"), will present at two conferences in August.
The Cardiovascular Forum
- Date and Time: Friday, August 16, 1:00 PM EDT
- Venue: Galt House Hotel, Louisville, Kentucky
- Session: The Microcirculation as a Therapeutic Target in Ischemic Tissue Repair
- Speaker: Douglas W. Losordo, MD, FACC, FAHA, Chief Medical Officer, NeoStem
MSC2013: Adult Stem Cell Therapy & Regenerative Medicine
- Date and Time: Wednesday, August 21, 12:00 PM EDT
- Venue: Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Session: Path to Commercialization of Cell Therapy Products (Educational lunch symposium hosted by PCT)
About NeoStem NeoStem, Inc. is a leader in the emerging cellular therapy industry. Our business model includes the development of novel proprietary cell therapy products as well as operating a contract development and manufacturing organization providing services to others in the regenerative medicine industry. The combination of a therapeutic development business and revenue-generating service provider business provides the Company with capabilities for cost effective in-house product development and immediate revenue and cash flow generation. For more information, please visit: www.neostem.com . Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements reflect management's current expectations, as of the date of this press release, and involve certain risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements include statements herein with respect to the successful execution of the Company's business strategy, including with respect to the Company's research and development and clinical evaluation efforts as well as efforts towards development of cellular therapies, including with respect to AMR-001, the future of the regenerative medicine industry and the role of stem cells and cellular therapy in that industry and the Company's ability to successfully grow its contract development and manufacturing business. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of various factors. Factors that could cause future results to materially differ from the recent results or those projected in forward-looking statements include the "Risk Factors" described in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 11, 2013 and in the Company's periodic filings with the SEC. The Company's further development is highly dependent on future medical and research developments and market acceptance, which is outside its control.
- Robert Shaw, MS, MBA, Vice President, Commercial Sales, PCT
- Timothy C. Fong, PhD, MBA, Vice President, Technology & Product Development, PCT
- Brian Hampson, MS, Senior Director, Engineering & Innovation, PCT
CONTACT: NeoStem Eric Powers Manager of Communications and Marketing Phone: +1-212-584-4173 Email: email@example.com