NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Four of the six companies previewed here today are in the retail-wholesale sector, one is in the consumer staples sector and one is in the computer and technology sector. All three sectors have overweight ratings.
These six stocks report earnings on Thursday or Friday premarket. The computer and technology company provides the equipment that manufactures semiconductors. The consumer staples retailer makes skin care, fragrances and hair products. The retail-wholesale companies include a fashion specialty retailer, another is a family-oriented apparel, shoes and accessories retailer, one provides off-price apparel targeting consumers between the age of 25 and 54 in middle-to-upper income households, and the fifth is a sit-down chain of family-friendly restaurants featuring gourmet burgers.
The ValuEngine valuation warning continues with 76.3% of all stocks overvalued with 43.2% overvalued by 20% or more. The computer and technology sector is 21.3% overvalued. The consumer staples sector is 18.3% overvalued. And, the retail-wholesale sector is 23% overvalued.
Among the six stocks profiled today, five have buy ratings and one has a hold rating. All six are overvalued, two by more than 20%. Two stocks have traded fractionally higher over the last 12 months. Three have traded higher by 21% to 78.6% higher over the last 12 months. All five stocks are above their 200-day simple moving averages reflecting the risk of a reversion to the mean.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV