WellPoint, Inc. (“WellPoint”) announced today the early results and pricing for its previously announced cash tender offers for $600 million aggregate principal amount of its outstanding notes, in each case at a purchase price determined in accordance with the procedures of a modified “Dutch Auction.” The offers (the “Offers”, and each an “Offer”) are comprised of:
- an Offer (the “First Tranche Offer”) to purchase up to $300 million (subject to increase by up to $100 million, the “First Tranche Tender Cap”) aggregate principal amount of the “First Tranche Notes” set forth in the table below; and
- an Offer (the “Second Tranche Offer”) to purchase up to $300 million (subject to increase by up to $100 million, the “Second Tranche Tender Cap” and together with the First Tranche Tender Cap, the “Tender Caps”) aggregate principal amount of the “Second Tranche Notes” set forth in the table below.
As of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on August 12, 2013 (the “Early Tender Time”), WellPoint had received early tenders for approximately (i) $580.0 million aggregate principal amount of First Tranche Notes, and (ii) $802.8 million aggregate principal amount of Second Tranche Notes, as specified in the table below. Each of the First Tranche Notes and Second Tranche Notes validly tendered (and not validly withdrawn) exceeds the previously announced Tender Caps. In addition, WellPoint announced that it is raising the Tender Cap for the Second Tranche Notes from $300 million to $400 million, which is the maximum increase previously contemplated and described in the Offer Documents. Because the aggregate principal amounts of each of the First Tranche Notes and Second Tranche Notes validly tendered (and not validly withdrawn) pursuant to the Offers exceed the applicable Tender Caps, as increased, each of the tendered First Tranche Notes and Second Tranche Notes have been accepted for purchase on a prorated basis as provided in the Offer Documents. As a result, WellPoint has accepted for purchase $300.0 million aggregate principal amount of the First Tranche Notes and $400.0 million aggregate principal amount of the Second Tranche Notes.
Holders of Notes validly tendered (and not validly withdrawn) at or prior to the Early Tender Time and accepted for purchase are eligible to receive the “Full Tender Offer Consideration” specified in the table below, which includes the Early Tender Payment (as defined in the Offer Documents). In addition to the Full Tender Offer Consideration, Holders of Notes accepted for purchase will receive Accrued Interest (as defined in the Offer Documents) on those Notes from the last interest payment date with respect to those Notes to, but not including, the Early Settlement Date (as defined in the Offer Documents). Since each of the Offers was oversubscribed as of the Early Tender Time, WellPoint will not accept for purchase any Notes tendered after the Early Tender Time. Furthermore, the withdrawal deadline of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on August 12, 2013 has passed and has not been extended.
|Title of Security||CUSIP Numbers||Reference U.S. Treasury Security and Bloomberg Reference Page||Principal Amount Outstanding (millions)||Aggregate Principal Amount Tendered||Aggregate Principal Amount Accepted (1)||Clearing Spread (bps)||Reference Yield||Purchase Yield||Early Tender Payment (2)||Full Tender Offer Consideration (2)(3)|
|First Tranche Notes|
|5.875% Notes due 2017||94973VAM9||0.625% U.S. Treasury Notesdue May 31, 2017 PX5||$700.0||$241.7||$153.3||75||0.936%||1.686%||$30.00||$1,155.06|
|7.000% Notes due 2019||94973VAR8||2.750% U.S. Treasury Notesdue February 15, 2019 PX6||$600.0||$338.3||$146.7||80||1.506%||2.306%||$30.00||$1,241.39|
|Second Tranche Notes|
|5.950% Notes due 2034||94973VAH0||3.125% U.S. Treasury Notesdue February 15, 2043 PX1||$500.0||$89.5||$51.7||123||3.635%||4.865%||$30.00||$1,142.98|
|5.850% Notes due 2036||94973VAL1||3.125% U.S. Treasury Notesdue February 15, 2043 PX1||$900.0||$322.5||$120.8||123||3.635%||4.865%||$30.00||$1,133.51|
|6.375% Notes due 2037||94973VAN7||3.125% U.S. Treasury Notesdue February 15, 2043 PX1||$800.0||$247.8||$146.0||113||3.635%||4.765%||$30.00||$1,227.84|
|5.800% Notes due 2040||94973VAT4||3.125% U.S. Treasury Notesdue February 15, 2043 PX1||$300.0||$143.0||$81.5||131||3.635%||4.945%||$30.00||$1,126.67|
(1) Subject to rounding due to proration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV