Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that ParFX, the new Tradition-owned wholesale electronic spot FX trading platform, has launched from Equinix’s London Slough International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center campus.
Designed to bring renewed transparency, efficiency and equality to the global spot FX market, ParFX is open to all professional institutions able to settle via Continuous Linked Settlement (CLS) and provides Equinix’s customers in the London Slough data center campus with easy access to FX liquidity.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The ParFX trading platform provides market participants with a low-cost, easy-to-access, transparent and equitable venue for sourcing FX liquidity. The platform’s unique matching mechanism applies a randomized pause to all order elements, creating a level playing field for participants, regardless of location, technological sophistication or financial strength.
- ParFX selected Equinix because of its market leadership position, broad range of trading customers and unrivalled global reach. The London Slough campus provides access to over 50 network providers and more than 170 trading participants, reducing time-to-market, and lowering barriers to entry while providing high levels of resilience.
- In choosing Equinix, ParFX positions its platform directly alongside many other leading trading venues and connects with hundreds of FX institutional traders, trading platforms and ECNs globally to enable ‘follow the sun’ FX trading.
- Through Equinix’s global IBX footprint, an ecosystem of nearly 800 global financial services institutions will be able to connect to ParFX.
- Roger Rutherford , chief operating officer, ParFX:“The ParFX founder banks came to us because they believed there was a need for change in the FX market ecology and for the creation of a truly level playing field. That need is at the heart of the ParFX philosophy. Equinix’s London Slough data center campus offers world-class support with global reach, congregating players and service providers across FX, providing the opportunity to adapt and scale our business according to market need.”
- Dick Theunissen, chief marketing officer, EMEA at Equinix“ParFX is a valuable addition to the Equinix financial ecosystem, extending the range of venues we host across Asset classes. Its pioneering low cost and transparent trading services will provide FX market participants located on Platform Equinix with a popular and equitable venue for sourcing FX liquidity.”