- GOL recorded an operating loss (EBIT) of R$35 million in 2Q13 resulting in a negative margin of 1.8%, an improvement of R$320 million and 18 percentage points over 2Q12. In the first half, GOL recorded a positive operating margin of 1.7%, in line with the margin projected for 2013, of between 1% and 3%.
- PRASK (passenger revenue per available seat-kilometer) totaled R$14.14 cents in 2Q13, 10.5% up on 2Q12. This performance fueled the 7.5% year-over-year upturn in RASK (operating revenue per available seat-kilometer), which came to R$15.72 cents in 2Q13. The continuous monthly increase in PRASK since April 2012 reflects the Company's efforts in optimizing its offer and maximizing the profitability of its routes.
- CASK (operating cost per available seat-kilometer) totaled R$ 16.01 cents in the second quarter, 8.4% down on the same period last year. Fuel costs per ASK fell by 8.8%, primarily due to the 3.4% decline in the per-liter fuel price and the use of a more fuel-efficient fleet. CASK ex-fuel fell by 8% in the same period, chiefly impacted by the reduction in personnel costs.
- SMILES' IPO during the quarter meant that the Company ended 2Q13 with its biggest ever quarterly cash position (cash, cash equivalents, financial investments and short and long-term restricted cash), totaling R$2.8 billion, equivalent to 34% of net revenue of the last 12 months (LTM).
GOL Announces 2Q13 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.