SAO PAULO, Aug. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), (S&P: B, Fitch: B-, Moody's: B3), the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America, announces its results for the second quarter of 2013 (2Q13).
- GOL recorded an operating loss (EBIT) of R$35 million in 2Q13 resulting in a negative margin of 1.8%, an improvement of R$320 million and 18 percentage points over 2Q12. In the first half, GOL recorded a positive operating margin of 1.7%, in line with the margin projected for 2013, of between 1% and 3%.
- PRASK (passenger revenue per available seat-kilometer) totaled R$14.14 cents in 2Q13, 10.5% up on 2Q12. This performance fueled the 7.5% year-over-year upturn in RASK (operating revenue per available seat-kilometer), which came to R$15.72 cents in 2Q13. The continuous monthly increase in PRASK since April 2012 reflects the Company's efforts in optimizing its offer and maximizing the profitability of its routes.
- CASK (operating cost per available seat-kilometer) totaled R$ 16.01 cents in the second quarter, 8.4% down on the same period last year. Fuel costs per ASK fell by 8.8%, primarily due to the 3.4% decline in the per-liter fuel price and the use of a more fuel-efficient fleet. CASK ex-fuel fell by 8% in the same period, chiefly impacted by the reduction in personnel costs.
- SMILES' IPO during the quarter meant that the Company ended 2Q13 with its biggest ever quarterly cash position (cash, cash equivalents, financial investments and short and long-term restricted cash), totaling R$2.8 billion, equivalent to 34% of net revenue of the last 12 months (LTM).
For further information visit www.voegol.com.br/ir
CONTACTSINVESTOR RELATIONSPhone: +55 (11) 2128-4700E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.voegol.com.br/irTwitter: www.twitter.com/GOLinvest CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONSPhone: +55 (11) 2128-4183E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTwitter: www.twitter.com/VoeGOLoficialBlog: http://blog.voegol.com.br ABOUT GOL LINHAS AEREAS INTELIGENTES S.A. GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America, offers around 970 daily flights to 65 destinations in 10 countries in South America, Caribbean and the United States under the GOL and VARIG brands. SOURCE GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV