SEATTLE, Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] delivered a Next-Generation 737-800 to Iraqi Airways, the first of 30 that the airline ordered in 2008, marking a milestone in its relationship with the airline.
"The Next-Generation 737-800 will play a key role in helping us modernize our fleet and integrate into the regional and international commercial aviation system," said H.E. Hadi Al Ameri, Iraq's Minister of Transportation. "Boeing has played a pivotal role in our growth plan and the Next-Generation 737 has earned an excellent reputation for reliability and operational efficiency."
With this delivery, Iraqi Airways currently has 39 Boeing airplanes on order, including 29 Next-Generation 737-800s and 10 787 Dreamliners.
"This is a historic milestone in our relationship with Iraqi Airways and a testament to the value that the Next-Generation 737-800 will bring to the airline's fleet," said Marty Bentrott, vice president for Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Middle East, Russia and Central Asia. "Boeing is proud of the confidence that Iraqi Airways has in its products and we look forward to further strengthening this relationship to fulfill the airline's future commercial aviation needs."The Next-Generation 737 family has won orders for more than 6,500 airplanes, while the 737 family has surpassed 11,000 orders to date. Boeing has delivered more than 7,600 737s – including more than 4,500 Next-Generation 737s – and currently has more than 3,400 unfilled orders for 737s (through July 2013). Contact: Saffana MichaelBoeing Commercial Airplanes +9 7150-4590651 email@example.com Photo and caption will be available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV