Courtesy of Barchart
Amazon: Market cap $135.12 billion with an average P/E of 2,112, based on Monday's trading. Revenue is projected to grow 21.80% this year and 21.40% next year. Earnings are estimated to increase 1,055.60% this year, 234.90% next year and continue at the rate of 36.33% annually for the next five years.
Hastings Entertainment: Market cap of only $30.77 million with a loss: Revenue is projected to shrink 4.40% this year and another 4.70% next year. Earnings are estimated to increase by 28.90% this year, 79.00% next year and continue to increase at 7.00% annually for the next five years.Barnes & Noble: Market cap of $1.09 billion, but a loss in earnings. Sales projected to decrease by 6.10% this year and another 2.70% next year with earnings going up by 60.80% this year but decreasing by 27.90% next year and continuing to decrease by 167.10% annually for the next five years.
SummaryClearly Netflix is in a class of its own and can't be compared with others in the industry. The stock is bouncing back from a bad place but is very popular with both the individual and professional investor. After a rise of 327% in the past year, the major portion of the gain may be over, but for those already in position, or willing to take a short-term chance, I advise watching the 100-day moving average, or the more sensitive 14-day turtle channel to decide where to place stop-loss orders or mental exit points: Courtesy of Barchart At the time of publication I do not own shares in any of the stocks mentioned in this article. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @JimVanMeerten This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV