KBR (NYSE: KBR) has a long history of contingency construction and support operations for the Department of Defense and other Federal Agencies throughout the world.
The U.S. Navy recently awarded KBR a contract under the Navy’s Global Contingency Construction Multiple Award Contract. This contract, awarded to KBR and three other firms, is valued at up to $800 million over five years and provides immediate response for civilian construction contract capability in the event of natural disasters, humanitarian assistance, conflict or projects with similar characteristics.
Work under this contract could include airfield runway construction and/or repair, pier and waterfront construction and repair, electrical power plants and distribution systems, water treatment plants, bridges, warehouse facilities, medical clinics, fencing, and similar facilities.
“KBR rapidly constructs facilities and deploys people in harsh environments where few companies have the capabilities,” said Andy Summers, Group President, KBR Infrastructure, Government and Power. “We are accustomed to responding quickly to conflict situations and natural disasters to ensure infrastructure is restored as quickly as possible and we are proud to continue our support of the U.S. Navy.”KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV