BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Last week was "brutal" for U.S. stocks. The venerable S&P 500 fell a whopping 1.07%, the worst five trading sessions since the correction at the start of the summer. Ouch?
It may sound like a joke, but a 1% weekly drop has really been that rare this summer. And now, as earnings season draws to a close, Mr. Market is firing on all cylinders.
Despite last week's pullback in equities, stocks are still excruciatingly close to the all-time highs that got set at the start of the month. Indeed, it's far too early to start thinking about a top here. And that's exactly why it makes sense to take a look at five new Rocket Stock names this week.>>5 Huge Stocks to Trade for Gains For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 211 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 82.4%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks. >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV