- Junior Achievement Success Skills: ManpowerGroup is a longstanding partner of Junior Achievement, the world's largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. The joint initiative, JA Success Skills, helps students learn how to find, secure, and keep a job, and provides them with tools designed to develop personal strategies for long-term career success. The Success Skills curriculum has been taught to more than 45,000 students in 20 countries.
- Pacte Pen-Breizh: This ManpowerGroup program addresses youth unemployment in Brittany, France, by training people in IT skills — an area where local businesses report notable talent shortages.ManpowerGroup works with a number of partners, including: the French Public Service for Employment in Brittany which provides applications/resumes from people who are looking for a job in the IT sector; the University of Rennes which provides use of its campus for the training; the Regional Council of Brittany which contributed to the development of the project and Orange, which has hired students who have completed the course. Of the 30 young people have who completed the training, 24 have been recruited by Proservia, the IT Services provider and subsidiary of ManpowerGroup France, in help-desk roles. The remaining six students have joined Orange in the same function. Over the next two years, 500 unemployed people will complete the training, helping to fill the 600 current vacant positions in the IT sector in Brittany.
- Training and Development Programs in Germany: ManpowerGroup runs training and development programs throughout Germany for young people who lack qualifications. Training is held in partnership with local schools and programs usually last between one week and six months, but can run up to two years. Young people upskilled through this program have gone on to find employment in a range of industry sectors, including health and social care, logistics, welding and engineering. More than 700 candidates have completed training programs so far.
- UK Apprenticeship Programs: ManpowerGroup UK has more than 4,500 apprentices employed at client sites across the country gaining valuable skills and training as they work. Separately, to support small and medium enterprises (SMEs), who are the largest employers in the UK, ManpowerGroup has developed an apprenticeship portfolio program, allowing an SME to take on a part-time apprentice or an apprentice for only a short period of time. ManpowerGroup will then place the apprentice with other SMEs, allowing them to fulfil the 12-month UK legal requirement for apprenticeships. There are currently 4,000 young apprentices working through ManpowerGroup across the UK with 2,000 placed in Jaguar Landrover alone. ManpowerGroup UK also operates an internal apprenticeship program with 36 apprentices working across its headquarters and national network of branches.
ManpowerGroup Committed To Boosting Employability Of Young People As World Marks International Youth Day
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts