Long summer days give people plenty of time to have fun in the sun and stay physically active. There’s no shortage of pick-up ball games or relay races at the local pool. Through grants to promote healthy living, The Coca-Cola Foundation is making it even easier to get active.
The Boys & Girls Club Canada will use its funding to support the Youth Ability to Bring Change program. Through this initiative, more than 1,300 youth, ages 6-18, will participate in nutrition, active lifestyles and healthy behaviors programming.
In Newark, Foundation support will provide daily basketball clinics for 250 youth through the YMWCA of Newark. Players will learn basic game skills as well as the importance of teamwork and living an active lifestyle.
“The goal is simple—to get people moving and excited about physical activity,” said Lori George Billingsley, Vice President, Community Relations, Coca-Cola North America Group. “By supporting organizations that are tapped in to their local communities, we can inspire people to be healthier in ways that are fun for them.”SUPPORT FOR EDUCATION HEATS UP Several colleges and universities across the U.S. will receive support for education through the Coca-Cola First Generation Scholars program. The program provides scholarships to students who are the first in their families to attend college. The American Indian College Fund, Indiana University and College of Charleston are among this quarter’s grant recipients. Foundation support for Purdue University will go towards education grants for its Diet and Exercise Clinical Research Center. The Center’s core program will improve community nutrition, fitness, health, and well-being through research, student training and community engagement. Other organizations receiving Foundation support include:
- Boys & Girls Club of Boston, Boston, MA, $25,000
- Downey Family YMCA, Downey, CA, $50,000
- FAN4Kids, Brooklyn, NY, $25,000
- Grand Teton National Park Foundation, Moose, WY, $25,000
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, Washington, D.C., $100,000
- Teach for America, New York, NY, $100,000
- Unified Theater, Hartford, CT, $50,000
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV