NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - In addition to today's BlackBerry (BBRY) board confirmation of reports that it is considering taking the company private, Blackberry is also reportedly preparing to release a big new smartphone.
BlackBerry spokesperson Adam Emery said the company doesn't "comment on rumors and speculation".
At one point, the future handset was reported to be named the A10, with previous versions of BlackBerry's new phones called the Z10 and the Q10.BlackBerry shares were surging on the back of the aforementioned deal talks, gaining 5.89% to $10.34. The Z30 may sport a 5-inch Super AMOLED screen (1,280 by 720 pixels), a dual-core Qualcomm (QCOM) Snapdragon S4 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage, an 8 megapixel camera on the back and a large (2800 mAh) rechargeable battery inside. The Z30 is also said to be shipping with the newest version (10.2) of BlackBerry's operating system which includes new features such as lockscreen previews and improvements to playing compatible Android applications. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV