NEW YORK, Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts has introduced an updated version of its daily North America Mark-to-Market (M2M) natural gas and power forward curve products, extending durations to 10 years and offering regional packaging and new analytical data.
"By adding seven years of curves data as well as derived-data and price-liquidity indicators, Platts is providing a broadened, cutting-edge suite of data that will better aid businesses in assessing and managing risk," said Paul Waine, global director of Platts' risk data services team.
"Not only does the offering continue to address the industry's need for an independent source of forward-looking data, but it is well suited to a wide range of executives – from traders to risk professionals to finance managers – who have a daily need for risk management solutions."
The expanded risk data products, now entitled Platts M2MS-Gas and Platts M2MS-Power, extend the former products' peak and off-peak forward curves from 36 months to 120 months for North America's 79 natural gas hubs and 48 power hubs and make available the data in five regional packages:M2MS-Gas --Gulf Coast, Northeast, Mid-Continent, Upper Midwest and West regions M2MS-Power -- Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), Southeast, Northeast, PJM/MISO ( Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland regional transmission operator/ Midcontinent Independent System Operator) and West regions Through M2MS-Gas and M2MS-Power, Platts customers gain exclusive access to ICE settlement data, and this data is combined with Platts' extensive spot price history and sophisticated quantitative techniques to provide granular monthly forward curves for both liquid and illiquid trading hubs. Other features of the enhanced M2MS-Gas and M2MS-Power products:
- The addition of historical volatility curves for all 79 natural gas hubs and 48 power hubs, with 120-month versions published daily and 240-month versions published monthly
- Additional derived-data curves (spark spread curves, heat-rate curves and historical power-to-gas correlations curves) to subscribers of both Platts M2MS-Gas and Platts M2MS-Power
- The carryover of 240-month forward curves at month's end
- The carryover of balance-of-month (BalMo) natural gas prices
- Indicators as to whether each M2MS forward price has been settled at ICE, assessed by Platts editors, or was independently derived by Platts quantitative methodology are to be introduced soon
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV