BETHESDA, Md., Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Residence Inn by Marriott reinforces its commitment to family travel enrichment by turning the spotlight on kids – the young generation of travelers who have strong opinions about their families' vacation decisions. To uncover what children truly want from a hotel, and glean insights on the future of travel, Residence Inn hosted the first-ever Kids Roundtable on Travel on August 3.
Guest room access that recognizes your fingerprint instead of keycards…wall color that changes at the click of a button…design elements that are predetermined by the guest before arrival…microwaves that cook up anything you want…a robot butler serving your every whim – these are just a few features that the children shared as their vision for the hotel of the future. The roundtable's key findings conveyed the need for hotels to focus on personalization and customization for young guests. Highlights include:
- Customized experiences with a tech twist: Aside from whimsical desires for endless free ice cream, water slides and entire floors dedicated to "FUN," kids want to be in control of their travel experiences, from pre-ordering in-room snacks to deciding hotel room amenities. Hoteliers shouldn't underestimate the importance of the bed itself. Ideas ranged from mattresses/pillows that can adjust firmness based on personal preference, to mechanisms specifically designed for light sleepers (sound proofing) or heavy sleepers (an alarm-enhanced pillow).
- Emotional motivation of family time on the road: When asked to cite the best part of traveling with their families, the kids mentioned the emotional experiences and importance of sharing memories. Connecting with family, seeing relatives who live abroad and spending quality time with loved ones ranked most meaningful.
- Getting there is half the fun…or at least it will be in the future: Forget long family road trips packed into a station wagon. Flying cars, teleports, Google driverless cars, hovercrafts and jet packs are the predictions that the roundtable kids made for future transportation methods. In fact, half of the attendees believe that they will one day have the option to holiday on the moon.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts