To pave the way for a successful school year, ADT is providing the latest smart home technology to help families streamline their hectic daily routines. ADT Pulse can help eliminate the stress of morning activities with advanced home automation features and ease the worry associated with children’s whereabouts after school with enhanced security capabilities.
“Our ADT system has become a key component of our family’s daily routine,” said ADT Customer Kristen Reed from Milwaukee, Wis. “Its real time video cameras enable us to see when our kids arrive home from school, and the remote arm and disarm feature lets us secure our home after they are inside. Most importantly, the system gives us peace of mind and lets us focus on homework.”
In addition to advanced security features, ADT Pulse’s remote access capabilities allow families to view real time video of their premises; manage their energy consumption by controlling thermostats, small appliances and lights; and receive notifications and alerts via phone, email or text. ADT Pulse can serve as an invaluable tool for busy families at any time of the school day:
- Morning Stress Solution: A recent study by ADT found that nearly one-third of respondents fear they may have forgotten to turn off the stove or coffee pot 1 when leaving the house. If parents have their hands full with kids’ backpacks and lunch bags while rushing out the door, ADT Pulse users can quickly switch off small appliances and secure their home with the push of a button.
- Mid-Day Monitoring Tool: Over half of respondents from the survey wish they could use their mobile device to check in on their home 2. ADT Pulse offers new video motion technology that can be programmed to send users email or text alerts when movement is detected, providing reassurance to parents who want to know their children arrived home safely from school or afternoon activities.
- Afternoon and Evening Assistant: After children arrive home and disarm the Pulse system, parents can remotely arm their home again to ensure kids are safe and secure within. Moreover, Pulse can automatically lock doors, switch off lights and control temperature, offering families convenience and comfort at the end of a long day.
In addition to providing free in-home security assessments, ADT is offering a special back-to-school promotion from August 12-19, giving consumers $300 of instant savings on ADT Pulse systems over $399. To learn more about ADT, please visit www.adt.com or call 1-800-ADT-ASAP.About ADT The ADT Corporation (NYSE:ADT) is a leading provider of electronic security, interactive home and business automation and monitoring services for residences and small businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse interactive home and business solutions, and home health services, meet a range of customer needs for today’s active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to more than six million customers, and it employs approximately 16,500 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com. About the Survey The ADT Safety Data Index was conducted by Edelman Berland among 2,032 general population consumers representative of the U.S. population; 5,119 residents of the top 10 Designated Market Areas in the US; and 497 Small Business Owners. The survey was fielded online from February 8-18, 2013. The margin of error for consumers (n=2032) at the 95% confidence level is +/-2.2 percentage points. The margin of error for top 10 DMAs (n=5119) is +/- 4.3 to 4.4 percentage points (varying slightly per market). The margin of error for Small Business Owners (n=497) is +/- 4.4 percentage points. 1 Question B13 1 Question A4
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts